Sep/Oct 2020 Table of Contents
A steaming cup of apple cider. The smell of cinnamon and clove. Freshly baked butternut squash cooked to perfection in your favorite pasta recipe. These are just a few of the reasons I can’t get enough of fall. And now it’s finally back! Fall is easily my favorite season — the changing trees, the arrival of sweater weather, the extra excuse (as if I need one) to make myself yet another cup of tea. But perhaps the best part is the opportunity to create delicious fall-inspired recipes. So are you ready to dive into some brand new fall favorites?
Let’s start with the basics: warm and cozy soups. From a hearty corn chowder to a dreamy butternut squash and simple tomato soup, you’ll find everything you need to warm your soul inside this issue. Also ripe for the picking? Apples! Happy to the Core features four delightful apple recipes (including homemade apple cider spiked with fall-inspired spices) and a bonus pear recipe we know you’ll love.
If you’re in the mood for something especially hearty, look no further than our Harvest Dinner and Chilly Day Chili features. From decadent chili stuffed with with beef and cheese (and even a variation that includes chicken), to a cheesy baked Pumpkin Pasta that’s absolutely to die for, you’ll get full fast on all these fall favorites after whipping up any number of these recipes.
And don’t worry; we haven’t forgotten dessert. From easy apple bars to some of our favorite fall cakes (including pumpkin spice dump cake, cinnamon roll cake, and more) you’ll find a little something to satisfy everyone’s fall cravings no matter what they are.
- Cheesy Asiago Bisque
- Hearty Corn Chowder
- Classic European Borscht Soup
- Best Butternut Squash Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- Wonderful White Chicken Chili
- Apple & Acorn Squash Salad
- Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta Casserole
- Simple Butternut Squash Casserole
- Sweet Potato and Hot Italian Sausage Casserole
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Garlic Roasted Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker French Onion Pork Chops
- Quick & Easy Banana Cream Pie in a Jar
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie in a Mug
- Bite-Size Pecan Pies
- Sinful Cinnamon Cake Roll
- Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- Autumn Spice and Everything Nice Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Cinnamon Apple Cream Cheese Cake
- Cranberry Pear Cobbler
- Mulled Apple Cider
- Easy as Apple Pie Bars