Knife skills are an indispensable part of cooking. Join me, Chef Addie Gundry, and learn about the most common knives, cutting techniques, and how to safely use every knife in your kitchen.
Dear Sharp Chef,
So many knives! Do you ever feel lost wondering if you need a serrated knife or a chef’s knife? A paring knife or a boning knife? Do you worry about cutting your finger when you’re chopping vegetables? In this essential class, I’ll share with you the ins and outs of selecting the right knife for the job, how to hold a knife safely, cutting techniques, and, of course, a few recipes to practice your knife skills!
We’ll go over the most common skills you need in the kitchen. Learn how to safely julienne peppers, chop herbs, dice onions, core tomatoes, slice lemon and lime wedges, peel a lemon for snazzy cocktails, and so much more. We’ll also go over the one thing that’s vitally important in knife safety: a few wet paper towels. It’s true, and I’ll tell you why in this class.
Knife skills are at the core of creating beautiful meals, getting the most out of your meats and vegetables, and working safely. I’ll share everything you need to feel comfortable and confident with any knife—all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s Knife Skills streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
Our first recipe, Stuffed Peppers, may not seem like the kind of recipe you would need many knife skills for, but each ingredient requires chopping and it’s a great dish to get you using knives in different ways. While your beef is cooking, use a chef’s knife to dice an onion. Add that to the beef, along with diced tomatoes, corn, and stuffing mixture. While that cooks, chop your cilantro and add it to the pan. (Don’t worry! I’ll show you an easy way to chop the herbs.)
Fill your peppers with stuffing, top with Parmesan cheese, and bake them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. What a show stopper these are! These are a great way to show off your culinary skills with a delicious dish to serve your guests.
Along with these necessary Knife Skills, this class includes a total of four recipes, a bonus section on fruit-cutting techniques, and a downloadable infographic with common knives and what to use them for. You’ll get all of this, as well as the detailed instructions and tips you need to handle a knife just like a professional. In addition to the Stuffed Pepper recipe, you’ll get:
- Corn and Tomato Salad—This salad is about as fresh as you can get. Pepper slices, tomatoes, chopped shallots, corn, and a creamy olive oil and vinegar dressing is nothing short of delightful. It may look like a summer salad, but it’s perfect all year ‘round.
- Julienned Vegetable Salad—I’ll show you how to julienne peppers, make carrot and zucchini matchsticks, slice celery, and dress them all up for a flavorful and unique salad.
And to complete your Knife Skills class, you’ll get another recipe, instructions and tips on cutting fruits and citrus, and an additional knife directory:
- Cutting Citrus— Find out how to cut lemons and limes into wedges, wheels, and garnishes for dishes or drinks. The bonus of all this cutting is that you have plenty of fresh lemon and lime juice for a lemonade, limeade, or your favorite cocktail.
- Salmon Fish Fillets—Learn how to easily remove the skin from a salmon fillet, then make a delicious poached salmon with lemon, white wine vinegar, and olive oil. Serve with browned butter and parsley for a delicious, moist fillet.
- Types of Knives— This class also includes a bonus guide describing the most common knives you may need in your kitchen, as well as what each knife is designed for, what different knife edges do best, and eight common cutting techniques.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying digital Cookbook, all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, full-color pictures of each dish, and the infographic of different types of knives—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- Basic Pan Skills—From searing a steak to braising meat, we’ll walk through different ways to use any pan in your kitchen, whether it’s cast iron, stainless steel, or a Dutch oven.
- Dinner for Two—Get five of my favorite recipes for two, starting with a cocktail, and finishing with some tasty homemade fudge.
- How to Season Food—Spices, dried herbs, or fresh herbs? Find out how to make any dish better—and how to keep from going overboard!
- How to Cook Chicken—In this deep dive into the vast world of chicken dishes, I’ll take you through seasoning and cooking this versatile dish from the stovetop to the oven to the grill.
- Italian Cooking—The perfect accompaniment to learning sauces! Find out how to make the cuisine that’s adored throughout the world!
- All About Lemons—From appetizers to cocktails to desserts, this class is all about the lemon. I’ll show you how to make an entire dinner that revolves around the this zesty fruit.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of recipes and cooking content with your Premium Charter Membership—just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access my complete library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose, plus instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking classes, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 30 additional classes!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 30 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to full digital library of back issues
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to upcoming year of new magazine issues
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of classes, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 30 of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a digital cookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire- 52 new classes coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 30 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access to upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 30 past cooking classes and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!