A good sauce can turn a good meal into a miracle, and these are some of my favorite sauces! Join me, Chef Addie Gundry, and learn everything you need to start making delicious sauces right in your own kitchen.
Dear Aspiring Chef,
Patience is a virtue in the kitchen – especially with sauces! In a French kitchen, the saucier commands the kitchen. The saucier I worked with in France was in charge of finishing every plate with the right sauce, turning out beautiful and flavorful cuisine. How a sauce tastes can make or break a dish.
Making sauces is a great talent to have in the kitchen, but you don’t have to travel to France to learn how to make sauces. There are ways to make easy, basic sauces and start adding your own touches that reflect your taste and style. I’ll share all my tips for making five basic sauces, and I’ll also address some common problems that a lot of people run into.
Learn everything you need to know to get started—all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s Introduction to Sauces streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
Right now, I want to jump into the Smothered Chicken and Gravy recipe, because this gives you a full recipe that you can make tonight. The real secret to making this delicious gravy is to use the chicken to make the sauce, then pour the sauce on the chicken later. Start by mixing your flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a large ziploc bag, then add your chicken and shake it up. Quickly sear the coated chicken in butter, then remove it. Add onion and celery to the pan, along with the leftover flour from coating the chicken. Once that’s cooked, add your stock, then add your chicken back in, cover, and cook for 20 – 30 minutes.
The result is a thick, creamy gravy and tender, moist chicken, plus enough left over gravy for another meal! You can store the gravy in your refrigerator for 3–4 days, and use it for mashed potatoes, biscuits, or even rice.
Bonus tip! Hold onto your vegetable ‘scraps’ (onion peels and celery ends) to make a chicken stock.
To get started with five delicious sauces, watch Introduction to Sauces—one of many classes in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s library.
And the Introduction to Sauces class includes five total recipes with all of the specific instructions and tips you need to make everything from a red sauce to a thick gravy. In addition to the Smothered Chicken and Gravy recipe, you’ll get:
- Red Wine and Mushroom Sauce—You only need a few minutes to make this aromatic sauce. Thinly sliced crimini mushrooms and fresh rosemary make this sauce a visual and mouth-watering delight.
- Basic Tomato Sauce—Onion, butter and grated garlic add flavor to this rich tomato sauce, and fresh basil takes it to the next level. You’ll see how easy it is to make your own tomato sauce at home. You can personalize this sauce, too, with extra onion, a little half and half, or freshly roasted tomatoes.
And to complete your Introduction to Sauces class, you’ll recieve two more recipes that are full of flavor:
- White Sauce— You can turn this white sauce into a cream sauce, cheese sauce, or béchamel. You can’t walk away from it, though. This sauce cooks quickly, and you don’t want to burn anything. I like to grate some nutmeg into mine to add a unique flavor, but you could also spice it up with a pinch of cayenne or paprika.
- Fettuccine Alfredo—In my house, we also call this fancy mac and cheese! I’ll show you how to make a thick, delicious alfredo sauce, share a few tips for spicing it up just right, and you’ll discover why freshly grated parmesan is the perfect cheese for this rich sauce.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying eCookbook PDF, the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, and full-color pictures of each dish—see it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- Italian Cooking—The perfect accompaniment to learning sauces! Find out how to make the cuisine that’s adored throughout the world!
- Dinner for Two—Get five of my favorite recipes for two, starting with a cocktail, and finishing with some tasty homemade fudge.
- How to Season Food—Spices, dried herbs, or fresh herbs? Find out how to make any dish better – and how to keep from going overboard!
- How to Cook Chicken—In this deep dive into the vast world of chicken dishes, I’ll take you through seasoning and cooking this versatile dish, from the stovetop to the oven to the grill.
- Basic Pan Skills—From searing a steak to braising meat, we’ll walk through different ways to use any pan in your kitchen, whether it’s cast iron, stainless steel, or a dutch oven.
- Knife Skills—Learn about the different types of knives you can use, and how to apply them in the kitchen.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of unique recipes, cooking TV shows, cookbooks and a cooking magazine with your Premium Charter Membership—for just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access our complete library of cooking TV shows that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose—these shows are like the Netflix of cooking shows and you can binge-watch the 55 episodes in the library as soon as you join. Plus, you'll have instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
And what makes the RecipeLion Gold Club so special and unique? With this new cooking club, you’ll have:
- Simple, chef-tested recipes that you can make yourself at home
- Tips and techniques for beginner cooks and aspiring chefs alike
- Meals that are guaranteed to be delicious and to deliver consistently outstanding results
- Dishes that will delight family, friends, and everyone at your table
- Recipes that have been carefully selected and rigorously tested
Did you know that there are almost 3 billion recipe pages online? If you tried searching for anything yourself, you could spend hours and hours scouring the Internet for the recipes that are right for you. And then there’s no telling if the recipes you find online have been tested or are worth your time preparing!
That’s where RecipeLion Gold Club comes in—we do all the recipe research for you. And my team and I test every single recipe before publishing them for you—all to ensure quality recipes that you can be confident about making. We don’t publish all recipes, just the ones that are worth your time!
With a young child and another one on the way, I know what it’s like to value time and to have resources that save you time and deliver outstanding results—welcome to the RecipeLion Gold Club!
My cooking TV shows not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the delicious recipes that accompany each show have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun and informative ways.
Your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested for you? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking TV shows, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING TV SHOWS:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Season Food
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 55 additional TV shows, 4 full seasons!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 55 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to one year of upcoming digital magazine issues that release bi-monthly
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Every issue is loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to EVERY SINGLE issue we have previously published in our library
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of TV shows, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
This brand-new cooking club is designed to help all cooks improve your skills with step-by-step demonstrations of how to tackle every recipe. We’re all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with simple, chef-tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll instantly enjoy all the fun in preparing delicious meals for your family and friends.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 55 of my video cooking TV shows in our library. These shows are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each show comes with a digital cookbook with all of the show's recipes. Plus, select cookbooks come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new TV show, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire—52 new shows coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 55 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each TV show to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which episode to take watch next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking show in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of chef-tested recipes right now!
- Special collections of TV shows and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, simple, and chef-tested recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step demonstrations.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking TV shows, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking TV shows, access to news upcoming weekly episodes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new cooking club, I insisted that we make it fun and easy to use—and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the fun cooking tips you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 55 past cooking TV shows and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!