Herbs and spices are the magic in your meal. Join me, Chef Addie Gundry, and learn everything you need to know to fill your kitchen with flavor.
Dear Aspiring Chef,
There’s something magical about eating foods with just the right spices or smelling the aroma of fresh herbs as you’re cooking dinner. The right herbs and spices can turn a meal into a masterpiece. They can bring warmth, depth, or brightness to your cooking. But sometimes they don’t work the way you want them to.
Do you ever feel like your meals don’t have the flavors you imagined they might? Get frustrated by recipes that tell you to “salt and pepper to taste?” Feel lost when you’re supposed to add fresh herbs, but you only have dried? In this class, I’ll walk you through the solutions to each of those questions. We’ll go over different ways to create your own spice blends, grinding techniques for the perfect mix, and how to give your dried herbs and spices a long, healthy shelf life.
Learn to season your food with confidence—all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s How to Season Food streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
Every chef, including me, has a few favorite recipes, but this one may be the best ever. How can you go wrong with a Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese? I like to use fresh nutmeg in this dish, as well as ground mustard. Ground mustard is a great way to get mustard flavor into a recipe since it is more potent than, say, yellow mustard.
Start by buttering a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, then whisk together your melted butter and flour in a large saucepan. Add in the milk and cheese and season with salt, pepper, ground mustard, and freshly grated nutmeg. Once your cheese sauce is thickened, pour it over the cooked pasta.
Top with toasted bread crumbs and bacon. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes and voilà! You have a delicious meal on your table!
Bonus tip! You can substitute different cheeses for the gouda; add broccoli, spinach, or sliced carrots; or recreate this dish in so many ways.
The How to Season Food class includes four total recipes, as well as ideas on how you can make your own spice blends at home. You’ll get plenty of insight into seasoning your foods, along with the complete recipes and instructions for each of these blends. In addition to the Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese recipe, you’ll get:
- Copycat Texas Steak Rub—I love using dry rubs on steak because the juicy steak will suck in the flavors of the spice blend. I’ll show you exactly how to make your own slightly sweet, slightly spicy rub, and you’ll learn a simple trick that will help spread the rub evenly on your steak. As an added bonus, this seasoning actually helps tenderize your steak, too!
- Chinese Five Spice—You can make this with whole spices or pre-ground. In this class, I’m using whole spices, so I can show you how to use a mortar and pestle to make this very traditional spice blend.
And to complete your How to Season Food class, you’ll find out how to make and use a seasoning blend in a meal, and you get a full-color chart of common herbs and spices:
- Italian Seasoning for Chicken— You don’t have to blend your spices ahead of time to make a rich spice blend. For this dish, I’ll show you how to make a layered seasoning for an Italian-style chicken.
- Herb and Spice Chart—This indispensable chart should be in every kitchen. Learn how to pair 23 common herbs and spices with dozens of fruits, vegetables, fish, and meats. Discover which herbs and spices complement each other and find out how to make your meals come alive with flavor.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying digital Cookbook, all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, and full-color pictures of each dish—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- Introduction to Sauces—A good sauce can turn a good meal into a miracle, and these are some of my favorite sauces! Learn everything you need to start making delicious sauces right in your own kitchen.
- How to Cook Seafood—While some cooks feel like they have a pretty good handle on burgers, chicken, and pork chops, seafood can be a whole different ballgame.
- Bartending 101—Whether it’s a holiday, a birthday, or dinner party, it’s always good to have a few drink recipes ready to go. Learn to make some of the classic drinks and find out what goes into a fully stocked bar.
- How to Cook Chicken—In this deep dive into the vast world of chicken dishes, I’ll take you through seasoning and cooking this versatile dish from the stovetop to the oven to the grill.
- Cast Iron Recipes—Enjoy everything from breakfast to dinner with the magic of cast iron.
- Knife Skills—Learn about the different types of knives you can use and how to apply them in the kitchen.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of unique recipes, cooking TV shows, cookbooks and a cooking magazine with your Premium Charter Membership—for just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access our complete library of cooking TV shows that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose—these shows are like the Netflix of cooking shows and you can binge-watch the 55 episodes in the library as soon as you join. Plus, you'll have instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
And what makes the RecipeLion Gold Club so special and unique? With this new cooking club, you’ll have:
- Simple, chef-tested recipes that you can make yourself at home
- Tips and techniques for beginner cooks and aspiring chefs alike
- Meals that are guaranteed to be delicious and to deliver consistently outstanding results
- Dishes that will delight family, friends, and everyone at your table
- Recipes that have been carefully selected and rigorously tested
Did you know that there are almost 3 billion recipe pages online? If you tried searching for anything yourself, you could spend hours and hours scouring the Internet for the recipes that are right for you. And then there’s no telling if the recipes you find online have been tested or are worth your time preparing!
That’s where RecipeLion Gold Club comes in—we do all the recipe research for you. And my team and I test every single recipe before publishing them for you—all to ensure quality recipes that you can be confident about making. We don’t publish all recipes, just the ones that are worth your time!
With a young child and another one on the way, I know what it’s like to value time and to have resources that save you time and deliver outstanding results—welcome to the RecipeLion Gold Club!
My cooking TV shows not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the delicious recipes that accompany each show have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun and informative ways.
Your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested for you? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking TV shows, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING TV SHOWS:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Season Food
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 55 additional TV shows, 4 full seasons!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 55 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to one year of upcoming digital magazine issues that release bi-monthly
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Every issue is loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to EVERY SINGLE issue we have previously published in our library
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of TV shows, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
This brand-new cooking club is designed to help all cooks improve your skills with step-by-step demonstrations of how to tackle every recipe. We’re all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with simple, chef-tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll instantly enjoy all the fun in preparing delicious meals for your family and friends.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 55 of my video cooking TV shows in our library. These shows are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each show comes with a digital cookbook with all of the show's recipes. Plus, select cookbooks come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new TV show, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire—52 new shows coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 55 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each TV show to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which episode to take watch next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking show in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of chef-tested recipes right now!
- Special collections of TV shows and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, simple, and chef-tested recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step demonstrations.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking TV shows, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking TV shows, access to news upcoming weekly episodes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new cooking club, I insisted that we make it fun and easy to use—and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the fun cooking tips you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 55 past cooking TV shows and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!