New Cooking Class — Just Released!
Discover the secrets to making fresh, delicious sushi at home. Join me, Chef Addie Gundry, and find out how to make a your own sushi.
From the Cooking Class: How to Make Sushi
Dear Aspiring Chef,
Rinse the rice! That’s one of the secrets to the perfect sushi rice. Rinsing it helps remove some of the starch. Master sushi chefs might even rinse their rice several times. But this class is all about making sushi in the easiest way we can. Remember, we aren’t looking for perfection; we’re looking for perfectly delicious!
You might think sushi is complicated, but it’s really easy once you get the basics. You do need a bamboo roller (Don’t worry—I’ll show you how to use it!), but otherwise, sushi is versatile enough that you can’t really go wrong. And it can be a cheap meal to make at home, too.
You don’t have to stick to fish, either, with sushi. Cucumbers, carrots, scallions, radishes, avocado… the list of what you can make is almost endless. And you can do a lot of your prep ahead of time, so when it’s time to roll the sushi, you’ll be ready to go.
In this class, I’ll show you everything you need to start making sushi, from selecting and slicing the vegetables to preparing the rice, and even two different ways to roll your sushi. It’s all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s How to Make Sushi streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
The class starts with my favorite: the California Roll! Prepping your vegetables is really the key to making this easy. Slice the cucumber into thin matchsticks, and thinly slice your avocado. Once that’s done and your rice is ready (and cool), we’re ready to roll!
I’m using imitation crab meat for this roll. Crab is delicious, but this works well in a sushi roll. Don’t be afraid, though; imitation crab is real fish—pollock, in this case—so it tastes great.
Start by putting your nori (edible seaweed) on your bamboo roller, then spread the rice evenly. For this roll, we’re going to have the rice on the outside. Flip your nori over so the rice side is face down. Add slices of cucumber, avocado, and your crab. Then simply roll your sushi over once, press down, then roll a second time. Remove the roll from the matt, remove the extra seaweed, and slice your roll into six or eight pieces.
Your first few rolls might be a bit messy, but once you get the hang of it, it’s really easy, so just keep going and you’ll get it. Serve your rolls with soy sauce and extra wasabi for a tasty experience.
The How to Make Sushi class includes six total recipes. You’ll get the complete instructions, full-color pictures for each recipe, and plenty of tips from my own experience making sushi. In addition to the California Roll recipe, you’ll get:
- Sushi Rice—There’s a little more to making sushi rice than there is with a typical long-grain rice. That doesn’t mean it’s hard though. I’ll show you how to make a sushi rice that’s perfect for making your own sushi at home.
- Sweet Potato Roll—Mashed sweet potato with a little salt and pepper is a nice alternative to a fish roll. Some radish and avocado goes well with this one.
- Salmon Sashimi—This is about as easy as it gets. Roll up a small handful of rice in your hand, and lay your sashimi-grade salmon right on top. I like to add a layer of wasabi between the rice and the fish for a little spice!
To round out your How to Make Sushi class, you’ll get two more delicious sushi recipes.
- Spicy Tuna Roll—Chop the sashimi-grade tuna and mix it with mayonnaise and chili oil (not too much!). That’s all there is to this. Make your roll, slice, and enjoy!
- Shrimp Tempura—I’ll show you how to make your tempura batter, including the secret to a light, crunchy coating. You can actually use the tempura batter for vegetables, too. Dip the shrimp into the batter, then cook it in hot oil until it’s done. Enjoy as is, dip it in a mayonnaise sauce, or use it in a sushi roll.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying digital Cookbook, all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, and full-color pictures of each roll—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- How to Cook Seafood—While some cooks feel like they have a pretty good handle on burgers, chicken, and pork chops, seafood can be a whole different ballgame.
- How to Season Food—Spices, dried herbs, or fresh herbs? Find out how to make any dish better—and how to keep from going overboard!
- Italian Cooking—The perfect accompaniment to learning sauces! Find out how to make the cuisine that’s adored throughout the world!
- Bartending 101—Whether it’s a holiday, a birthday, or dinner party, it’s always good to have a few drink recipes ready to go. Learn to make some of the classic drinks, and find out what goes into a fully stocked bar.
- Dinner for Two—Get five of my favorite recipes for two, starting with a cocktail, and finishing with some tasty homemade fudge. Because even busy parents need a date night!
- Knife Skills—Learn about the different types of knives you can use, and how to apply them in the kitchen.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of recipes and cooking content with your Premium Charter Membership—just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access my complete library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose, plus instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking classes, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 30 additional classes!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 30 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to full digital library of back issues
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to upcoming year of new magazine issues
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of classes, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 30 of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a digital cookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire- 52 new classes coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 30 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access to upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 30 past cooking classes and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!