You can make fried food at home, without a big mess, and you’ll learn from me—Chef Addie Gundry—exactly how to do it.
Dear Aspiring Chef,
Fried food is typically what you’ll find only when you’re out at a restaurant or at your local state fair, and it can be intimidating to think about attempting to make fried food at home. But when you watch the How to Fry Food streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry, you’ll master this skill in no time.
I’ll walk you through step-by-step how to make several different kinds of fried food. I’ll cover all the basics, from safety concerns and the best type of oil for frying to the best oil temperature for optimal results—and this class is for cooks of all levels of expertise.
Let’s start with a classic Midwestern dish, “Fried Cheese Curds”—a tasty and easy-to-make dish. Cheese curds are the moist part of curdled milk and are easily accessible in most Midwestern grocery stores. But if you can’t find them in your store, you can order them online for delivery. To fry them, we’ll use healthier canola oil, which works well because it has a high smoking point.
The batter is easy to make, using basic ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard—and seasoned with garlic salt and onion powder. Whisk it all together in a bowl, and you’re ready for some frying. Dip the curds in the batter and put directly into the hot oil. Don’t overcrowd the pan—the more you add, the more you lower the oil temperature all at once.
When they turn golden brown, scoop the fried curds out of the pan with a “spider”—that’s a basket-like kitchen utensil that makes frying easier because you can turn pieces in the oil with it, too. Drain the curds on a paper towel and season with salt.
Now you have tasty, bite-sized treats that will please just about anyone!
My How to Fry Food class includes five total recipes with all of the specific instructions and tips you need, so that it’s clear and easy for you to make everything yourself right at home—fresh and no mess! In addition to the “Fried Cheese Curds” recipe, you’ll get:
- French Fried Onions—These crispy, yummy onions are perfect for adding to salads, vegetable side dishes, or even on a hamburger—or just eat them by themselves. Peel the onions and slice them paper thin—use a mandoline if that’s easier than a knife for you to ensure thin and consistent slices. Pour buttermilk into a cake pan, and drop the onion slices in the buttermilk. Let them soak for ten minutes. Heat the oil while preparing the flour mixture that’s seasoned with Cajun or Creole seasoning—I hold off on salt and pepper until after the frying is complete. Mix the soaked onion slices in the seasoned flour mixture and place in the heated canola oil. Fry until golden and crispy—be patient and, when finished, drain on a paper towel.
- Chicken Egg Rolls—These are perfect for an appetizer, and they use store-bought egg roll wrappers for quicker preparation. Assemble the filling with diced chicken mixed with a variety of veggies, including shredded cabbage and grated carrot—mix together with soy sauce, brown sugar, and more. Now get the wrappers ready while the filling is absorbing the liquids. I’ll show you how to place the filling on the egg roll wrappers and pinch them closed, so they hold together. Then, fry them up in your heated oil, putting the seam side down. When golden brown, remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Serve with soy or sweet chili sauce—delightful and delicious!
To complete your How to Fry Food class, you’ll get two more recipes to help you hone your frying skills:
- Fried Apple Pies—These are a delicious dessert that will put any fast food chain’s fried apple pies to shame! Learn how to make this fantastic fried treat in no time at all.
- Fried Twinkies—Is there anything better than a Twinkie—well, yes, a Fried Twinkie! Learn how to turn this classic packaged dessert into a something people will talk about. Fry a whole Twinkie on a popsicle stick, or cut into bite-sized pieces and fry for a tasty dessert treat.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying digital Cookbook that includes all of the class’s recipes and instructions in written form with representative photos of the dishes—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- How to Cook Eggs—Once you’ve mastered eggs, you’ve mastered one of the most basic, comprehensive skills to being an effective cook.
- Cast Iron Recipes—Cast irons are one of those magical kitchen appliances that experienced cooks talk about with a sense of reverence.
- All About Lemons—If there’s one ingredient that can brighten up a meal, it has to be lemons.
- How to Cook Seafood—While some cooks feel like they have a pretty good handle on burgers, chicken, and pork chops, seafood can be a whole different ballgame.
- Affordable Cuts of Meat—When you’re looking to feed an entire family for a week, you need to cook new and interesting dishes while also making sure it’s nutritious and fits within your budget.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of recipes and cooking content with your Premium Charter Membership—just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access my complete library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose, plus instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking classes, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 30 additional classes!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 30 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to full digital library of back issues
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to upcoming year of new magazine issues
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of classes, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 30 of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a digital cookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire- 52 new classes coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 30 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access to upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 30 past cooking classes and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!