Vegetables are good for you and they taste good—when you prepare them the right way, that is! Learn from me, Chef Addie Gundry, the best way to cook vegetables to preserve nutrients and ensure flavorful dishes.
Dear Aspiring Chef,
Throwing a cooked vegetable on the side of a dish is the simplest way to turn a piece of meat into a full meal. Take a stroll through your local farmer’s market, and you’ll see everything from broccoli and Brussels sprouts to more unique fare like turnips and ramps.
With this How to Cook Vegetables class, I’ll walk you through the world of cooking vegetables, including the best vegetables to make each season; the different cooking methods such as blanching, roasting, and boiling; different seasonings that go well with each vegetable; what to pair each vegetable with; the best cutting and chopping techniques; and more!
By the end of this class, you’ll feel confident in being able to walk into a grocery store, pick out any vegetable, and know how you’re going to be able to work it into your next dinner.
Let’s start with “Oven-Roasted Tomatoes”—I love to roast Roma tomatoes because they’re easy to find in the grocery store at all times of the year. First, thinly slice the tomatoes and layer them on a foil-lined baking sheet (including the ends, so you don’t waste anything). Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for a few minutes so that the salt blends in before sprinkling with pepper.
Roast in the oven for about an hour and fill your house with the tasty aroma of roasting tomatoes! Roasted tomatoes like these are delicious on pasta, chicken, and salad—and it’s easy to learn how to prepare roasted tomatoes in your kitchen and avoid having to buy processed tomatoes in a jar at the store.
When done roasting, place all the tomatoes together in a bowl and add spices if you want—I love to add Herbes de Provence to give them a sophisticated and delicious taste!
And the How to Cook Vegetables class includes five total recipes with all of the specific instructions and tips you need, so that it’s clear and easy for you to whip up vegetable side dishes whenever you need them. In addition to the “Oven-Roasted Tomatoes” recipe, you’ll get:
- Cauliflower Pizza—First off, who doesn’t like pizza? If you’re looking to enjoy your favorite meal without loading on all those extra carbs and calories, this healthier version is right up your alley. Traditional pizza crusts, meet your competition because cauliflower crusts are here to stay. And if you’re someone who could devour pizza morning, noon, and night, then we’ve found the pizza that’ll allow you to indulge all the time—it’s low-carb and still super tasty!
- Hasselback Potatoes—Potatoes are a staple in any kitchen, and it’s easy to get bored cooking them the same old way. Well, try this new way, and you’ll add pizzazz to a classic vegetable! This dish is great to serve to a group while watching a football game—the potatoes are loaded up with cheese, bacon, and scallions. And these are fun to make and pretty to serve.
And to complete your How to Cook Vegetables class, you’ll get two more recipes and a detailed chart on how to roast a whole variety of vegetables:
- Caramelized Onions—I just love the slow nature of cooking and stirring these until they’re perfect. And it’s a lot easier to learn than you think! I use butter and olive oil to cook the onions—the flavor and the fats are great together. These are tasty on pizzas and pastas, and they’re great to have in the fridge for later use on all types of dishes. While you might think these are intimidating to make, you’ll quickly see how enjoyable it is to prepare caramelized onions in one of your everyday pans.
- Pickled Cucumbers—You can pickle cucumbers, carrots, beets, ramps (wild spring onions), and just about any veggies to preserve the items and add flavor to any meal. I’ll show you how to do a “quick pickle” with this recipe for cucumbers. I use mason jars and refrigerate the pickled items, so they’re available for salads and burgers later—they even make a unique gift for friends!
- Vegetable Roasting Cheat Sheet—Get my one-page chart about how to roast 15 different vegetables that go well with all of your main dishes.
Along with your video class, you’ll get an accompanying digital Cookbook that includes all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form with representative drawings of the dishes, plus the “Vegetable Roasting Cheat Sheet” chart—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- How to Cook Eggs—Once you’ve mastered eggs, you’ve mastered one of the most basic, comprehensive skills to being an effective cook.
- Cast Iron Recipes—Cast irons are one of those magical kitchen appliances that experienced cooks talk about with a sense of reverence.
- All About Lemons—If there’s one ingredient that can brighten up a meal, it has to be lemons.
- How to Cook Seafood—While some cooks feel like they have a pretty good handle on burgers, chicken, and pork chops, seafood can be a whole different ballgame.
- Affordable Cuts of Meat—When you’re looking to feed an entire family for a week, you need to cook new and interesting dishes while also making sure it’s nutritious and fits within your budget.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of recipes and cooking content with your Premium Charter Membership—just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access my complete library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose, plus instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking classes, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 30 additional classes!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 30 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to full digital library of back issues
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to upcoming year of new magazine issues
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of classes, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 30 of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a digital cookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire- 52 new classes coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 30 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access to upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 30 past cooking classes and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!