Vegetables are good for you and they taste good—when you prepare them the right way, that is! Learn from me, Chef Addie Gundry, the best way to cook vegetables to preserve nutrients and ensure flavorful dishes.
Dear Aspiring Chef,
Throwing a cooked vegetable on the side of a dish is the simplest way to turn a piece of meat into a full meal. Take a stroll through your local farmer’s market, and you’ll see everything from broccoli and Brussels sprouts to more unique fare like turnips and ramps.
With this How to Cook Vegetables class, I’ll walk you through the world of cooking vegetables, including the best vegetables to make each season; the different cooking methods such as blanching, roasting, and boiling; different seasonings that go well with each vegetable; what to pair each vegetable with; the best cutting and chopping techniques; and more!
By the end of this class, you’ll feel confident in being able to walk into a grocery store, pick out any vegetable, and know how you’re going to be able to work it into your next dinner.
Let’s start with “Oven-Roasted Tomatoes”—I love to roast Roma tomatoes because they’re easy to find in the grocery store at all times of the year. First, thinly slice the tomatoes and layer them on a foil-lined baking sheet (including the ends, so you don’t waste anything). Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for a few minutes so that the salt blends in before sprinkling with pepper.
Roast in the oven for about an hour and fill your house with the tasty aroma of roasting tomatoes! Roasted tomatoes like these are delicious on pasta, chicken, and salad—and it’s easy to learn how to prepare roasted tomatoes in your kitchen and avoid having to buy processed tomatoes in a jar at the store.
When done roasting, place all the tomatoes together in a bowl and add spices if you want—I love to add Herbes de Provence to give them a sophisticated and delicious taste!
And the How to Cook Vegetables class includes five total recipes with all of the specific instructions and tips you need, so that it’s clear and easy for you to whip up vegetable side dishes whenever you need them. In addition to the “Oven-Roasted Tomatoes” recipe, you’ll get:
- Cauliflower Pizza—First off, who doesn’t like pizza? If you’re looking to enjoy your favorite meal without loading on all those extra carbs and calories, this healthier version is right up your alley. Traditional pizza crusts, meet your competition because cauliflower crusts are here to stay. And if you’re someone who could devour pizza morning, noon, and night, then we’ve found the pizza that’ll allow you to indulge all the time—it’s low-carb and still super tasty!
- Hasselback Potatoes—Potatoes are a staple in any kitchen, and it’s easy to get bored cooking them the same old way. Well, try this new way, and you’ll add pizzazz to a classic vegetable! This dish is great to serve to a group while watching a football game—the potatoes are loaded up with cheese, bacon, and scallions. And these are fun to make and pretty to serve.
And to complete your How to Cook Vegetables class, you’ll get two more recipes and a detailed chart on how to roast a whole variety of vegetables:
- Caramelized Onions—I just love the slow nature of cooking and stirring these until they’re perfect. And it’s a lot easier to learn than you think! I use butter and olive oil to cook the onions—the flavor and the fats are great together. These are tasty on pizzas and pastas, and they’re great to have in the fridge for later use on all types of dishes. While you might think these are intimidating to make, you’ll quickly see how enjoyable it is to prepare caramelized onions in one of your everyday pans.
- Pickled Cucumbers—You can pickle cucumbers, carrots, beets, ramps (wild spring onions), and just about any veggies to preserve the items and add flavor to any meal. I’ll show you how to do a “quick pickle” with this recipe for cucumbers. I use mason jars and refrigerate the pickled items, so they’re available for salads and burgers later—they even make a unique gift for friends!
- Vegetable Roasting Cheat Sheet—Get my one-page chart about how to roast 15 different vegetables that go well with all of your main dishes.
Along with your video class, you’ll get an accompanying digital Cookbook that includes all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form with representative drawings of the dishes, plus the “Vegetable Roasting Cheat Sheet” chart—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- How to Cook Eggs—Once you’ve mastered eggs, you’ve mastered one of the most basic, comprehensive skills to being an effective cook.
- Cast Iron Recipes—Cast irons are one of those magical kitchen appliances that experienced cooks talk about with a sense of reverence.
- All About Lemons—If there’s one ingredient that can brighten up a meal, it has to be lemons.
- How to Cook Seafood—While some cooks feel like they have a pretty good handle on burgers, chicken, and pork chops, seafood can be a whole different ballgame.
- Affordable Cuts of Meat—When you’re looking to feed an entire family for a week, you need to cook new and interesting dishes while also making sure it’s nutritious and fits within your budget.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of more than 75 cookbooks filled with hundreds of quick-and-easy recipes that are printable and family friendly—with your Charter Gold Club Membership for just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you’ll have instant access to our complete library of hundreds of recipes anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose—plus, these recipes are easy to print, so you can handle them in the kitchen when preparing the dishes … and save the printed versions of recipes for later when you want to make a dish again!
And what makes the RecipeLion Gold Club so special and unique? With this new cooking club, you’ll have:
- Recipes that are confirmed to be quick and easy, so that you can easily make them yourself at home
- Dishes that have passed the taste test with people of all ages, so you’re certain to have delicious meals to please your family and friends
- Tips and techniques for everyday cooks—ideas that will help you save time and improve your skills while preparing tasty meals
Did you know that there are almost 3 billion recipe pages online? If you tried searching for anything yourself, you could spend hours and hours scouring the Internet for the recipes that are right for you. And then there’s no telling if the recipes you find online have been tested or are worth your time preparing!
That’s where RecipeLion Gold Club comes in—we do all the recipe research for you. Our team tests every single recipe before publishing them for you—all to ensure quality recipes that you can be confident about making. We don’t publish all recipes, just the ones that are worth your time, are quick and easy to prepare, and have readily available ingredients!
With two young children, I know what it’s like to value time and to have resources that save you time and deliver easy-to-make meals—welcome to the RecipeLion Gold Club!
Your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club gives you unlimited access to hundreds and hundreds of recipes, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get that—and more—from the more than 75 cookbooks, packed with recipes that include:
- 21 Perfect Pasta Recipes for Every Night of the Week
- 16 Must-Make Christmas Cookie Recipes
- 18 Mouth-Watering Slow-Cooker Stunners
- 19 Fast-and-Fresh Seafood Recipes
- 16 Quick-and-Easy Great Beef Recipes
- 20 Chicken Recipes Your Family Will Love (and never had before!)
- 9 Foolproof Soup & Stew Recipes
- 9 Make-Ahead Casserole Recipes
- 19 Different Dishes from Around the World
- 30-Minute Meals for the Everyday Cook
- 12 Ways to Make Tasty Potato Side Dishes
- 5 Delicious Dip Recipes
- 25 Vegetable Side-Dish Recipes
- 7 Quick-and-Easy Mexican Recipes
- 8 New Ways to Cook Eggs for Breakfast
- 29 Desserts You’ve Never Had Before
- 27 Appetizers that Go with Any Dinner
- 18 Make-Ahead Meals
- 17 Grandma-Approved Breakfast Recipes
- 14 Different Ideas to Cook from Your Garden
- 27 Easy-to-Make, Kid-Approved Recipes
And hundreds and hundreds of more recipes that you can access in an instant!
And every recipe includes easy-to-follow instructions, ingredients you might already have on-hand, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
RecipeLion Gold Club Charter Membership also includes a subscription to RecipeLion Magazine, filled with even more recipes for easy-to-make and tasty dishes! You’ll have immediate access to the digital library of magazine issues, and you’ll get a subscription to the upcoming year of new issues.
The magazine recipes are easy to download and print, too, and include these top dishes from past issues:
- Surprise Butternut Squash Soup
- 20-Minute Spinach Chicken Parm
- Chunky Mashed Potatoes
- Apple Nut Pie
- Spiced Meatballs
- Tex-Mex 7-Layer Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Grilled Personal Pizzas
- Beef and Broccoli Casserole
- Shortcut Chicken Fried Rice
- Lemon-Honey Chicken
- White Wine Shrimp Pasta
And you’ll get hundreds of recipes in the magazine library and in upcoming issues! We always make sure that recipes have been rigorously tested for you, for both ease-of-making and deliciousness.
This brand-new cooking club is designed to help everyday cooks with recipes that are easy to access, easy to prepare, and guaranteed to taste good. We’re all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with simple, chef-tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again, and even find ways to customize the recipes for your own tastes or to please your family. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new recipes you’ve never tried before.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll instantly enjoy all the fun in preparing delicious meals for your family and friends.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 75 cookbooks in our library, filled with hundreds and hundreds of printable recipes. Plus, some cookbooks come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues, also filled with tasty and easy-to-make recipes.
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques to help the everyday cook!
- OUR GUARANTEE: Every recipe has been rigorously tested, so that you’re guaranteed to have quick-and-easy recipes that are also delicious.
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to the at-home everyday cook. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll have access to hundreds and hundreds of delicious, simple, and chef-tested recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll get every new upcoming issue of RecipeLion Magazine, plus access to the magazine digital library of back issues, all filled with tasty and easy-to-make recipes—hundreds of tasty dishes that will please any crowd.
- You’ll have instant access to all these recipes, and every one of them is printable, so you can print them out and use them wherever you’re cooking.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cookbooks that are filled with hundreds and hundreds of quick-and-easy printable recipes that have been rigorously tested for ease of preparation and deliciousness!
When we created this new cooking club, I insisted that we make it fun and easy to use—and packed with all the recipes you’ll need to satisfy your family and friends! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer
RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the recipes we have, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 75 cookbooks, filled with hundreds and hundreds of recipes—this is a great deal!