New Cooking Class — Just Released!
How to Bake Pies: 5 Recipes We Adore
Everyone loves a good pie, and the mythical homemade pie isn’t as complicated as you might think. Here are five pie recipes anyone can make.
From the Cooking Class: How to Bake Pies
Dear Aspiring Chef,
Turn on the coffee pot and get your fanciest plates ready for company! A homemade pie is simply magical, and pie is in season all year long. A pie is a delicious treat to serve at home or bring as a gift to a summer cookout, winter dinner party, Easter supper, or fall picnic. Pie works any time.
In this pie-baking class, you’ll learn how to make five different pies, as well as a handmade crust that you can use with your made-from-scratch apple pie or the shortcut version of cherry pie. I’ll show you how to make beautiful tops for your pies, I’ll share a few tricks that make it easier to work with your crust, and I’ll give you some unique ways to bring an extra twist of flavor to your creations. Watch this class and your pies will be winning blue ribbons before you know it!
Making pies is a true hands-on cooking experience, but any mess is absolutely worth the reward! Get all the easy-to-follow recipes, in an encouraging, friendly format—all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s How to Bake Pies streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
Of course, all pies are good pies, but one of the best around is, without question, the Lemon Meringue Pie. Believe it or not, this is a really simple pie to make, and it looks impressive.
Using a large saucepan, combine your sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water, then stir to dissolve. Add your lemon peel and let the mixture cook so it thickens to a simple syrup. When that’s ready, stir in your egg yolks and juice, and that’s it for the filling! Pour that into your pie crust then make your meringue.
In your mixer, whip together the egg yolks and cream of tartar until you get nice, shiny peaks, then add the sugar. Continue mixing until the peaks stiffen. Top your pie with the meringue, then bake it for 8–10 minutes. That’s it!
I have a few tricks to show you, too, that will make your pie an impressive visual presentation. Of course, don’t forget to taste test it before you serve it. It’s only fair, right?
The How to Bake Pies class includes five mouth-watering pie recipes, as well as the recipe for a basic pie crust you can use over and over. You’ll get the complete instructions, full-color pictures for each recipe, and plenty of tips and ideas from a professional chef. Along with the recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie, you’ll get the full recipes for:
- Basic Pie Crust—It’s time to take the mystery out of homemade pie crust. Discover how easy it is to make your own at home! This versatile crust works with almost any pie, but you can use it for a savory quiche, too.
- All-American Apple Pie—Is there any pie more celebrated than the apple pie? I’ll show you how to make a beautifully rustic apple pie that you’ll be proud to share with guests. Serve it in a bowl with ice cream for a delectable dessert.
Your How to Bake Pies class comes with three more delectable recipes that are sure to find a place in your most-requested desserts file.
- Classic Cherry Pie—Make your pie crust ahead of time, and this recipe comes together in no time. Perfect for those busy days when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- Banana Cream Pie—Cream cheese, sugar, Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, and freshly sliced bananas on a Nilla Wafer crumb crust? Wow!
- French Silk Pie—This multi-layer pie is a lot easier than it looks. And it’s oh, so tasty.
Along with your video class, you get the accompanying digital Cookbook, all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, and full-color pictures of each dish—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry gives you instant access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- How to Host a Ladies’ Lunch—Entertain with confidence. Get a full menu of recipes, from finger foods to cocktails and desserts, in this ultimate guide to hosting your next fancy affair.
- All About Lemons—From appetizers to cocktails to desserts, this class is all about the lemon. I’ll show you how to make an entire dinner that revolves around this zesty fruit.
- All About Chocolate—Homemade Brownie Truffles. Molten Lava Cakes. Need we say more? You’ll be a bona fide chocolatier by the time you’re done with this class.
- Recipes for Spring—It’s time to start making those favorite spring recipes. Head to the farmer’s market and find out how to cook a colorful and tasty array of seasonal dishes your family will love.
- How to Use a Multicooker—Do you know how to make the most of your multicooker? Learn everything you need about making delicious, quick meals, including a 4-minute mac and cheese!
- All About Homemade Frosting—Homemade frosting is the way to go if you want something extra special for your next cake, cookies, or pastries. Learn how to make five different frostings, how to color them the way you want, and how to decorate without stress.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to an entire library of recipes and cooking content with your Premium Charter Membership—just 83¢ a month!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Gold Club for just 83¢ a month, and you can access my complete library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose, plus instant access to the digital libraries of cookbooks and magazines!
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step-by-step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my recipes, cooking classes, cookbooks, magazines and special collections, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, hundreds of additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, more than 30 additional classes!
- Make Your Own Pizza
- How to Use a Multicooker
- Hosting a Brunch
- Introduction to Sauces
- Plus, more than 30 additional cookbooks!
- MAGAZINE ISSUES:
- Access to full digital library of back issues
- Special cooking tips and tricks
- Loaded with recipes and cooking techniques
- Access to upcoming year of new magazine issues
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of classes, cookbooks, and magazines includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to more than 30 of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a digital cookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire- 52 new classes coming up over the next year!
- Full and immediate access to more than 30 cookbooks in the digital library, and a new cookbook released every week—you’ll get 52 new cookbooks over the coming year!
- Instant access to the magazine library of issues and the upcoming year of issues.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access hundreds of gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just 83¢ a month—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Gold Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Gold Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Gold Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Gold Club—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just 83¢ a month!
Special Offer: 83¢ a month—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Gold Club—for just 83¢ a month!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access to upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested, access to the library of cookbooks and upcoming cookbooks being released weekly, and full access to our cooking magazine library and the upcoming year of new magazine issues.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Gold Club today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Gold Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Gold Club Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your 83¢-a-month membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of more than 30 past cooking classes and cookbooks, plus dozens of recipes and magazine issues—this is a great deal!