There’s a reason cast iron cooking has been around for centuries! Join me, Chef Addie Gundry, and learn how to care for and cook in your cast iron skillet.
Dear Curious Cast Iron Cook,
Cast iron is a perfect cooking pan. If you season it correctly, it is surprisingly non-stick. It’s inexpensive, it heats quickly and evenly, and you can cook nearly anything in it from breakfast to dinner and dessert. You can go from the stovetop to the oven, and it’s practically indestructible. A cast iron skillet is something you can have in your kitchen for years or even generations.
If you’ve hesitated to use cast iron because you’ve heard rumors about it being difficult or tricky, rest assured, I’ll walk you through how to keep it in tip-top shape without a ton of work. There’s a reason these pans get passed down through families! It’s a great staple to have in your kitchen, and I’ll show you just how versatile it is in this class.
Learn everything you need to know to start cooking with cast iron—all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s Cast Iron Cooking streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
This Bourbon Chicken and Biscuits dish is all on the stovetop and all in your iron skillet. Start by cooking your chicken breasts in a hot skillet for about 6 or 7 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken and add mushrooms, real maple syrup, and a cup of bourbon, and let that simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cream, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
Let the liquid thicken a bit and make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through. When it’s ready, you can serve it right from the skillet! Put your biscuits right in the pan, and you have a gorgeous presentation. You can also serve it on a plate with a biscuit on the side and mushrooms and sauce on top.
Bonus tip! To make things easy, use a basic biscuit dough mix like Bisquick for simple, light, fluffy biscuits.
Second bonus tip! Always use an oven mitt or towel when you cook with cast iron. Those handles can get just as hot as the skillet.
The Cast Iron Cooking class includes four total recipes, plus an easy-to-follow tutorial for seasoning and caring for your cast iron. You’ll get plenty of tips, tricks, and insight into making these hearty meals, along with the complete recipes for each dish. In addition to the Bourbon Chicken and Biscuits recipe, you’ll get:
- Baked Penne with Chicken—I love cast iron for this dish! It starts on the stovetop and goes right into the oven—all in one pan. You can sauté the chicken directly in your pan, then add in everything else and put it right into the oven. Even the penne cooks in the pan, making it deliciously easy.
- Blueberry Cobbler—Plenty of melted butter and fresh, juicy blueberries make this a can’t-miss dessert. This rustic favorite is perfect for your cast iron skillet. Dust it with a bit of sugar and serve it with vanilla ice cream for a sweet taste of perfection.
And to complete your Cast Iron Cooking class, you’ll get one more flavorful recipe and a step-by-step guide to seasoning your cookware:
- German Apple Pancake—Breakfast? Dessert? I like this recipe for breakfast, but it could work just as well for dessert. Eggs and apples give the pancakes a nutritious boost, while cinnamon and nutmeg bring in those warm spice notes. And the best part? It’s a giant pancake! You don’t have to stand at the stove making stacks of individual pancakes.
- How to Season Your Cast Iron Skillet—A lot of people worry about cooking with cast iron because it can seem like everything sticks, or they don’t feel comfortable cleaning up after cooking. But seasoning and caring for your skillet is really easy. All it takes is a little bit of vegetable oil and a dish towel or paper towels. I’ll show you everything you need to know to make sure your cast iron cookware gives you a lifetime of cooking fun.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying digital Cookbook, all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, and full-color pictures of each dish—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- Affordable Cuts of Meat—Learn how to make delicious meals without spending a fortune at the grocery store.
- Dinner for Two—Get five of my favorite recipes for two, starting with a cocktail, and finishing with some tasty homemade fudge.
- How to Season Food—Spices, dried herbs, or fresh herbs? Find out how to make any dish better—and how to keep from going overboard!
- How to Cook Chicken—In this deep dive into the vast world of chicken dishes, I’ll take you through seasoning and cooking this versatile dish from the stovetop to the oven to the grill.
- Basic Pan Skills—From searing a steak to braising meat, we’ll walk through different ways to use any pan in your kitchen, whether it’s cast iron, stainless steel, or a Dutch oven.
- Knife Skills—Learn about the different types of knives you can use and how to apply them in the kitchen.
- And many, many more!
Get instant access to a library of video cooking classes with your Premium Charter Membership—just $1 for 30 days!
Sign up today for the RecipeLion Cooking Club for just $1 for 30 days, and you can access my entire library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose.
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step by step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my cooking classes, special collections, and recipes, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, 150+ additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, 30+ additional classes!
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
- Romantic Dinners
And the library of classes, special collections, and recipes includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Cooking Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to dozens of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a printable eCookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access 150+ gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Romantic Dinners,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just $1 for 30 days—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club.
Claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry—for just $1 for 30 days!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Cooking Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Cooking Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Charter Member right now—for just $1 for 30 days!
Special Offer: $1 for 30 days—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry—for just $1 for 30 days!
We’re sure you’ll enjoy your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access to upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry today while this special invitation and terrific introductory offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Cooking Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry Premium Charter Membership!
PPS:Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your $1 trial membership gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of 30+ past cooking classes—this is a great deal!