From searing a steak to braising meats, learn how to cook using different kinds of pans. Join me, Chef Addie Gundry, and learn everything you need to know to get the most out of every pan in your kitchen.
Dear Passionate Cook,
One thing I love about cooking is that you don’t need many pans to create a wide variety of tasty dishes. In this class, I’ll show you how to sear, braise, and fry like a professional chef, using just a few different pans. Learn cooking techniques for using a cast iron skillet, a wok, and a Dutch oven in the best way possible.
These pan skills will help you feel more comfortable in the kitchen and you’ll find these techniques in recipes old and new. In this class, you’ll learn how to add exciting cooking ideas to your repertoire and gain the confidence you need to improvise and create a deliciously mouthwatering meal.
In addition to pans, I’ll share tips on using a kitchen thermometer, different oils, how to add flavor to sauces, and why patience is a virtue in the kitchen.
Learn everything you need to know to use every pan in your cupboard—all in the RecipeLion Cooking Club’s Basic Pan Skills streaming-video cooking class with me, Chef Addie Gundry!
Of course, no class would be complete without at least one quick, easy-to-learn recipe, and this one is about as easy as it gets. But you’ll have to watch the class because the real secret to Weeknight Chicken Tacos is learning to fry chicken thighs—without a deep fryer. I like a cast iron skillet for this, but you can use any pan you have. You don’t have to deep fry the chicken either. Just cook the chicken in about one-half inch of vegetable oil.
Start by seasoning your chicken with salt, pepper, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes on each side. If you prefer, you can bake the chicken instead at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, make the pico de gallo and the crema. When the chicken is done, shred or chop the meat into smaller pieces, then fill a warm corn tortilla with chicken, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, and top with queso fresco, cilantro, lime juice, and a drizzle of crema.
In about 45 minutes you can have a fresh dinner that goes great with a cold beverage.
The Basic Pan Skills class includes five total recipes, plus an easy-to-follow tutorial for seasoning and caring for your cast iron pans. You’ll get plenty of tips, tricks, and insight into making several versatile and hearty meals, along with the complete recipes for each dish. In addition to the Weeknight Chicken Tacos recipe, you’ll get:
- Searing Steak—I love using cast iron for searing steak. The pan gets nice and hot, so your seasoned steak is sure to cook evenly. In fact, you only need to cook your steak for a couple minutes on each side. I’ll share with you the best oil to use in searing, how to tell when your steak is done, and how to make sure your steak is safely cooked, but still juicy and delicious.
- Vegetable Stir Fry—You don’t need a wok for tantalizing stir-fry. You can use a shallow sauté pan for this if you prefer. The best part of this recipe is that you can substitute any vegetables you’d like once you have the basics down. Serve these stir-fried vegetables over rice, noodles, or just on their own for a healthy, fresh meal.
And to complete your Basic Pan Skills class, you’ll get two more flavorful recipes and a step-by-step guide to seasoning your cookware:
- Braised Pork— Braising is a great way to cook a perfectly tender selection of meats. It’s also wonderfully simple. Most of the “work” is just letting the meat cook slowly in your oven. I’ll share ideas for making sure your pork is full of rich flavor.
- Mediterranean Braised Lamb Chops—You can also braise meats on the stovetop, and I’ll show you how with this recipe. The idea is similar; you’re going to let the meat simmer slowly for about two hours, and when it’s ready, you’ll have a super-tender lamb dish that falls right off the bone.
Along with your video class, you’ll get the accompanying eCookbook PDF, all the class’s recipes and instructions in written form, and full-color pictures of each dish—read it all on any device or print it out for easy use in your own kitchen.
And your Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry instantly gives you full access to the entire library of cooking classes, recipes, and special collections. Additional cooking classes include:
- Affordable Cuts of Meat—Learn how to make delicious meals without spending a fortune at the grocery store.
- Dinner for Two—Get five of my favorite recipes for two, starting with a cocktail and finishing with some tasty homemade fudge.
- How to Cook Seafood—While some cooks feel like they have a pretty good handle on burgers, chicken, and pork chops, seafood can be a whole different ballgame.
- How to Cook Chicken—In this deep dive into the vast world of chicken dishes, I’ll take you through seasoning and cooking this versatile dish from the stovetop to the oven to the grill.
- Cast Iron Recipes—Enjoy everything from breakfast to dinner with the magic of cast iron.
- Knife Skills—Learn about the different types of knives you can use, and how to apply them in the kitchen.
- And many, many more!
This single cooking class video preview is just a fraction of what you’ll get with an all-access Premium Charter Membership. Sign up today for the RecipeLion Cooking Club, and you can access my entire library of instructional cooking classes that you can stream 24/7, anytime, anywhere, and on any device you choose.
My classes not only cover the basics for beginner cooks, but also deliver advanced tips and techniques so you can master every recipe and skill. And the gourmet recipes that accompany each class have been carefully tested and are guaranteed to make your mouth water. I’ll show you step by step how to prepare and cook each dish, delivering my cooking knowledge and skills to you in fun, informative videos.
Your Premium Charter Membership gives you unlimited access to all my cooking and recipe content, and the library is fully searchable, so everything is at your fingertips in an instant.
Want to know about proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques that have been professionally tested by me and the RecipeLion team? How about recipes that are easy to make and with ingredients that aren’t intimidating or hard to find? You’ll get all that—and more—with my cooking classes, special collections, and recipes, including:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Classic French Macarons
- Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Plus, 100+ additional recipes!
- COOKING CLASSES:
- Mexican Cooking
- How to Cook Seafood
- Cooking for Kids
- Plus, 20+ additional classes!
- SPECIAL COLLECTIONS:
- Dinner Party
- Skills 101
And the library of classes, special collections, and recipes includes vivid detail of exactly how to make dishes, how to execute tricky techniques, and what dishes and meals should look like when you serve them.
My goal with this brand new cooking club is to help aspiring chefs improve their skills with step-by-step instructions to tackle every recipe. I’m all about finding the fun in food—connecting you with professionally tested recipes, tips, and techniques that are easy to follow and rewarding to serve to your grateful friends and family.
And believe me, I never forget the ultimate goal—serving food that is tasty, so that you’ll want to make recipes over and over again while honing your skill. You’ll add hundreds of recipes to your repertoire as you discover new ways to cook classic dishes and new meals you’ve never tried before.
As a member of the RecipeLion Cooking Club, you’ll benefit from my years of experience as a chef and cookbook author: I earned my Master’s Degree in Culinary Arts from Auguste Escoffier in France, won Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen in 2015, and have also appeared on Food Network Star. I’ve worked with big names in food and cooking, such as Christian Etienne, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
And with a Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry, you’ll have me as your very own personal teacher and coach who will guide you to becoming the best cook you can be.
When you join today, you’ll enjoy all these benefits:
- Instant access to dozens of my video cooking classes in our library. These classes are on-demand and viewable on any device. Each class includes a printable eCookbook with all of the class recipes. Plus, select classes come with helpful infographics to print and hang on your fridge!
- A brand new cooking class, every week to keep you expanding your cooking skills and adding new recipes to your repertoire.
- Previews of each cooking class to give you a taste of the recipes you’ll cook and the skills you’ll learn, so you can choose which class to take next.
- Professionally tested recipes included with every cooking class in a printable PDF format. Access 100+ gourmet recipes right now!
- Special collections of cooking classes and recipes that are themed around your favorite topics, such as “Baking,” “Holiday,” and “Dinner Party.”
- Proven cooking tips, tricks, and techniques from me that I use every day as a professional chef!
And all of this is available to you—right now, for just $1 a week for your first 12 weeks—when you claim your Premium Charter Membership in the RecipeLion Cooking Club.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner cook looking to improve your skills or an advanced cook who wants new and exciting recipes. The RecipeLion Cooking Club caters to every experience level, from basic tips and skills to intermediate techniques. Here are just a few of the benefits you will enjoy as a Charter Member:
- You’ll be instantly connected to me as your personal teacher to improve your cooking skills.
- You’ll have access to delicious, test kitchen–approved recipes that will have friends and family raving about your food!
- You’ll ditch any fears or reservations you have about cooking tricky dishes, like scallops and French macarons, with my handy tips and step-by-step instructions.
- You’ll have instant access to my recipes and cooking videos, so you can improve your cooking skills at home or when you’re on the go.
How can you not consider becoming a Premium Charter Member in the RecipeLion Cooking Club?
Premium Charter Membership seats are limited at this special invitation rate, and a spot is reserved for you.
At-home cooks everywhere are clamoring for an invitation to join the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry—and you have a special invitation from me to join as a Premium Charter Member right now—for just $1 per week for the first 12 weeks!
Special Offer: Just $1 per week for 12 weeks—
You’re Invited to Join Today!
When you claim your Premium Charter Membership today, you will receive full access to the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry!
Sample our video classes and recipes with your Premium Charter Membership. Then you can continue your Premium Charter Membership for the next year, with instant access to our library of cooking classes, access upcoming weekly classes, and access to numerous free printable recipes that have been professionally tested.
When we created this new club for aspiring chefs like you, I insisted that we make it easy to use and packed with all the cooking tips, tricks, and recipes that you’ll need to become a whiz in the kitchen and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills! And now it can be all yours with your RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry Premium Charter Membership.
Become a Premium Charter Member of the RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry today while this special invitation and low-price offer lasts!
Chef and Executive Producer, RecipeLion Cooking Club
PS: Get all the cooking instruction you could ever need, right from the comfort of your home with a RecipeLion Cooking Club with Chef Addie Gundry Premium Charter Membership!
PPS: This special offer of $1 per week for 12 weeks is my way of giving you access to all of my cooking classes on a trial basis. Act now, because this offer won’t last forever! Your trial membership also gives you full and unlimited access to the entire library of past cooking classes—this is the best deal currently available for aspiring chefs and cooking enthusiasts!