Once the initial tailgate is over, it’s always prudent to try to sneak an extra snack into the stadium. Throw some of this ultimate party mix in a bag to snack on throughout the game, so you aren’t tempted to shell out money for overpriced stadium food.
- Serves: 6–8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- 8 cups various cereals (I used equal parts Corn, Rice, and Wheat Chex.)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup honey sesame sticks
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Put the cereal, pretzels, cashews, peanuts, and honey sesame sticks in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and garlic until everything is well combined. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the top of the cereal mixture. Toss for about 1 minute, or until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours, stirring with a large spoon every 30 minutes. Spread the mixture out onto parchment paper in an even layer until it cools to room temperature. Serve, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.