- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling time for herb butter
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 3 large eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
1. In a small bowl, mix the butter, tarragon, chives, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Scoop the butter onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and shape into a log. Wrap and place in the freezer until ﬁrm, about 2 hours.
2. Slice the butter into 6 equal pieces. Set aside. Pound the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap to ¼ inch thick.
3. Place a piece of the herb butter in the center of one piece of chicken and fold in the sides to cover fully. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. In a small bowl, combine the panko and Parmesan. Put the ﬂour in a separate dish and the eggs in another.
6. One at a time, dredge a chicken roll in the ﬂour, then dip in the egg, and then dredge in the panko mixture. Repeat with the remaining chicken rolls.
7. In a deep skillet, heat ½ to 1 inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
8. Fry 2 or 3 chicken rolls at a time until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
9. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fully cooked. Serve with hot rice.