- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 to 6 hours
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups lemon curd (homemade or jarred)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 (7-ounce) packages dry savoiardi ladyfingers
- fresh raspberries for serving
1. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a chilled bowl and whisk attachment, beat the cream on medium-high speed. Slowly add 1¼ cups of the confectioners’ sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
2. If using a stand mixer, switch to the paddle attachment. Put the mascarpone cheese in the mixer bowl and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the lemon curd and lemon zest until combined. Slowly beat in the
remaining ½ cup confectioners’ sugar until completely incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed. Fold 2 cups of the whipped cream into the lemon-mascarpone mixture.
3. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
4. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla. Working with one at a time, dip the ladyfingers in the milk mixture and line the bottom of the baking dish with them, cutting to fit if necessary. Spread half of the lemon-mascarpone filling over the ladyfingers. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers, then the remaining lemon-mascarpone filling. Smooth the top. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the filling.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours until the layers are set.
6. Sprinkle with fresh raspberries. Slice and serve.