Tequila and lime add a refreshing twist to this summertime kabob recipe. The unexpected addition of shrimp makes them all the more special. Keep this recipe in your back pocket for your next summer barbecue.
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus 2 hours chill time
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup lime juice, plus
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ jalapeño chile, minced 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin Pinch red pepper flakes Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 6 to 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Yellow rice for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, tequila, oil, jalapeño, garlic, paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill pan over medium heat. Alternate the shrimp, red bell pepper wedges, onion wedges, and lime wedges on the Place the skewers on the grill pan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the food from the skewers, if desired, and serve with yellow rice.