- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 4 cups frozen corn
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
1. In a large soup pot, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes. (Do not brown the onion.) Add the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the corn, bell peppers, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and continue to simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the half-and-half. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
3. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.