- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 6 sweet potatoes, unpeeled 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and lightly coat a 9 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into large cubes and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the salt, and the pepper. Transfer to the baking dish and roast for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the sausage and break apart with a wooden spoon until cooked.
4. Add the sausage to the sweet potatoes and top with the Parmesan and pepper ﬂakes, if using. Bake for another 15 minutes. Serve.