- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup scallions, sliced 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined or shell on
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
2. Add the scallions and garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in the salt and pepper.
3. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked. Add the cooked rice, wine, and lemon juice and stir to combine.