- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus 4 hours to marinate
- Cook Time: 16 to 20 minutes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- Corn tortillas, for serving
1. For the marinade: Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. For the chicken: Place the chicken breasts in the bowl with the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight.
3. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, about 450°F.
4. Place the chicken breasts on one side of the grill and cook for 8
to 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and grill for an additional 8 to 10 minutes until done. Slice and set aside.
5. Place the bell peppers and onions in a grill basket, set on the other side of the grill, and cook for 10 minutes, until the skins are blistered and the peppers are tender. Scoop the chicken and vegetables into tortillas and serve.