If you’re looking for an appetizer that’s a bit fancier than your standard buffalo chicken recipe, you’ve come to the right place. The spicy chicken is contrasted against the cool coleslaw and celery and wrapped up tight in an egg roll wrapper. It walks right on the edge of being dangerously hot, which is what makes this such an exciting dish to present to guests.
- Yield: 12 rolls
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12–15 minutes
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 cup packaged coleslaw mix
- ½ cup diced celery
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken with the hot sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the coleslaw mix with the diced celery.
- Place an egg roll wrapper diagonally on a ﬂat surface.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the coleslaw-celery mixture on the lower bottom of the wrapper. Next place 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on top. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese on top of the chicken.
- Carefully fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the ﬁlling. Next fold the right corner over, then the left, forming an envelope. Roll the wrap upward almost to the top. Moisten the top with water, then fold over and seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Place the rolls on the baking sheet. Lightly spray each roll with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the rolls are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.
To cook the chicken, place the breast on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.