You only need four simple ingredients to pull off this sweet, gooey, irresistible dessert. While we used mixed berries for our version, feel free to use a single kind if you’re going for a more uniform look.
- Serves: 6–8
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 2 (16-ounce) bags frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (12-ounce) can Fresca (or any other lemon-lime soda of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour the frozen fruit into an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix lightly. Sprinkle the cake mix over the frozen fruit. (Do not mix in.) Slowly pour the soda over the cake mix, trying to wet the entire layer of cake mix.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 40 minutes. Let cool and serve.