- Servings: 40 bites
- Prep Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup crème fraîche (see note)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus dill fronds for garnish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Using a melon baller, scoop a small depression in the top of each cucumber slice, forming a little cup. Place the cucumber slices on a paper towel upside-down to drain while preparing the cream cheese mixture.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, crème fraîche, chopped dill, horseradish, and lemon zest and juice.
3. Scoop 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the top of each cucumber slice. Sprinkle a few capers on top of the cream cheese. Add a piece of smoked salmon and top with a dill frond. Arrange on a platter and serve.
If you can’t find crème fraîche, feel free to substitute sour cream.