- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4–5 hours on High or 8–10 hours on Low
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 (16-ounce) bag dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 5–6 thyme sprigs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the broth, wine, sausage, lentils, carrots, thyme, onion, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours, until the lentils are tender.
3. Remove the bay leaf and thyme stems, ladle into bowls, and serve.