Usually you’d expect citrus to be the featured fruit in a chicken dish, but we love a good Russian Chicken dish with apricots or peaches! This slow cooker version features fresh peaches and peach jam for a sweet, summery take on chicken and rice.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, or a combination
- 1 cup Russian dressing
- 1½ cups sliced peeled peaches, fresh or frozen (about 6 ounces)
- ½ cup peach jam
- Cooked white or brown rice, for serving
- Parsley, for garnish
1. Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
2. Cut the chicken into 1½-inch-wide strips and place them in the slow cooker in a single layer.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the Russian dressing, peaches, and peach jam, and toss to mix; pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 hours on Low.
4. Serve over the rice. Garnish with parsley.