- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours, non-active
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) can Dr Pepper or other dark cola
- 1¼ cups barbeque sauce, plus extra as needed
- Corn tortillas
- 1 (15.2-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained, rinsed, and warmed
- 1 jar salsa
1. Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Spread the onion slices in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker and set the pork on top. Pour the can of Dr Pepper over the pork. Cover and cook for 10 hours on low.
2. Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to the slow cooker. (You may need to pour off some extra liquid.) Add the barbecue sauce and mix well. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on high to bring the ﬂavors together. Adjust the consistency with extra barbeque sauce if desired. Serve on corn tortillas with the corn and salsa.