- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4½ hours on low, then 20 minutes on high; non-active
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup peanuts, halved Scallions, sliced thin
1. Coat the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Combine the chicken, ½ cup of the broth, the sugar, hoisin sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, Sriracha sauce, red pepper ﬂakes, and oil in a medium bowl; stir to mix well. Place in the prepared slow cooker, cover, and cook for 4½ hours on low.
3. Stir the cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons broth in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the chicken mixture with the peanuts, cover, and continue to cook for another 20 minutes on high, or until the sauce thickens.
4. Sprinkle with sliced scallions and serve.