- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 hours on LOW
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 (3-pound) beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 (8-ounce) lager beers or beef broth
- ½ head cabbage, sliced
- Place the carrots, onion, and potatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add the beef and top with the pickling spice.
- Cover with the beer or broth.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 12 hours.
- Remove the lid, add the cabbage on top, close the lid again, and cook for an additional hour on low.