Sliders are the ideal dish to serve to large parties of people, primarily because they leave plenty of room on the plate for small samplings of other dishes. This chicken slider recipe is packed full of flavor from spices to sauces, but given that it’s all cooked up in the slow cooker, it takes almost no effort to put together, leaving you plenty of time to focus on other key pieces of the setup process.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4–5 hours
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 large or 4 small)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Rolls, for serving
- Carrot and celery stalks, for serving
- Place the chicken in one layer in a 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred roughly with two forks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, hot sauce, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup.
- Toss the chicken in the hot sauce mixture and keep warm.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add to the sauce (after the chicken is removed). Simmer on high for 5 minutes, or until thickened to a syrup consistency.
- Serve on rolls, with carrot and celery stalks alongside.