- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels (pull off any beards)
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 350°F). Place a large cast- iron skillet on the grill.
2. In the cast-iron skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and season with salt and pepper. Place the mussels in the skillet and close the grill.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the mussels begin to open. (Discard any mussels that don’t open.) Pour in the heavy cream, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.