- Servings: 4-5
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28-ounce) cans San Marzano plum tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juice, chicken broth, and sugar to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and add the basil and oregano. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.