All the flavors of chicken and dumplings but with one quick shortcut that makes this an easier recipe — crescent roll dough! Paired with a variety of vegetables, this recipe is a great way to sneak in those veggies for your family.
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- ½ large onion, diced 2 celery stalks, diced 2 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken broth, low- sodium preferred
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent roll dough
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Add the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook until the vegetables are beginning to become tender and the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered,
for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Stir in the frozen green beans.
3. Open the crescent roll dough and cut each piece into quarters. Drop into the soup and cook for 10 minutes, until the dumplings are cooked through. Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley, and serve.