- Servings: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 4-6 Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you are vegetarian)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, leeks, and potatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender and cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or hand mixer, blend the soup in the pot off of heat.
- Add the sour cream and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.