- Servings: 15
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bourbon Whipped Cream (optional; see Notes)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 13-inch baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, ginger, and salt. Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the cake mix over the top. Top the cake with the butter slices. In a small bowl, combine the pecans and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the cake.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Let the cake cool, then slice and serve with Bourbon Whipped Cream, if desired.
To make Bourbon Whipped Cream, whisk 1 tablespoon bourbon into 1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping.