- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16-ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Grilled pineapple, cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pineapple, cake mix, coconut, and pecans and pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. (It’s important that you do not grease the dish, as the angel food cake needs to “cling” the sides to grow tall.)
3. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the middle springs back when touched. Let the cake cool to room temperature in the pan. Top with the grilled pineapple and serve immediately, right from the baking dish.