The best weeknight dinners are those that can be prepped and cooked in under thirty minutes. This tortellini dinner does just that. Tortellini has so many different flavors and elements already baked in, so you don’t need to spend as much time chopping up different vegetables or buying tons of ingredients. Dinner’s already been simplified!
- Yield: Serves 2
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package tortellini
- Combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, oil, walnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes, stopping halfway through to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot. Add the pesto and stir to coat. Serve with extra Parmesan.