- Servings: 36 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they’re pale and thick. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Mix in the granulated sugar until combined. Add the sea salt. Add the vanilla and mix. Slowly add the ﬂour until just combined.
2. Preheat a pizzelle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
3. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the iron. Close the iron and cook for 30–40 seconds, in batches. Adjust the time for lighter or darker pizzelles.
4. With a rubber spatula, transfer the pizzelles to a wire rack. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
5. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve.