- Servings: 36 patties
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Pink tinting gel (optional)
- 12 ounces melting chocolate wafers
- Crushed peppermint candies (optional)
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle, beat the powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract, and cream at medium speed until well combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture comes together and is light and creamy. If you want to tint the paste, add a small amount of the tinting gel with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Mix again until you achieve a color to your liking. The mixture should feel soft but ﬁrm enough to form into a log.
3. Scrape the candy paste onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a log 1½ inches in diameter. Wrap it well in the plastic wrap.
4. Chill the candy in the fridge until very ﬁrm, about 1 hour.
5. Using a sharp knife, slice the log into rounds about ¼ inch thick. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Melt the chocolate on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring in between each, until melted.
7. Remove the candy rounds from the refrigerator, a few at a time, and, using a fork, dip each candy round into the chocolate to coat, then remove, letting the excess chocolate drip off. Place on the second lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden before serving.