- Servings: 36 cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour chill time
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 Andes mints, chopped
- 1 cup finely crushed round peppermint candies (or candy canes)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar using a hand mixer on medium-high speed until light and ﬂuffy.
2. Add the egg, peppermint extract, and vanilla and mix until blended.
3. Slowly add the ﬂour and salt and mix until well combined. Fold in the Andes mints.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Combine the crushed candy canes with the sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each cookie ball in the candy cane mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
8. Cool on wire racks. Serve.