- Servings: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 4 hours chilling time
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan Pie Layer
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups pecans, chopped
1. For the shortbread crust: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ﬂour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in the pecans. Press into the baking dish in an even layer and bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. For the cheesecake layer: In a separate large bowl, combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour over the cooled crust.
4. For the pecan pie layer: In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, cream, butter, and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it’s boiling, stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and pecans. Pour over the cheesecake layer.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let the cheesecake fully cool, then refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 4 days.
6. Cut into bars and serve.