When it comes to monkey bread, the gooier the better. Set this out on the kitchen table as everyone opens gifts and socializes and watch it, piece-by-gooey-piece, disappear completely. Just be sure to keep plenty of napkins or wet wipes on hand to avoid getting the whole house sticky!
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus extra for the pan
- 3 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously coat a Bundt pan with butter.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 equal pieces. In a bowl or plastic bag, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Drop and roll the pieces of dough in the cinnamon sugar and gently arrange them into the Bundt pan, messily layering them on top of one another.
- In a small saucepan, combine ½ cup of the remaining cinnamon sugar with the butter and brown sugar. (Discard any remaining cinnamon sugar.) Bring the mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from the heat. Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes, then cover the pan with a large plate and invert the bread onto the plate. To eat, pull the desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy.