- 1 pound lean ground beef 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika, plus extra to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups V8 juice
- 8 ounces cavatappi
- 1 cup frozen corn
1. In a large skillet, cook the meat over medium-high heat until brown.
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes with their juice, the V8 juice, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste, stir well, and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the cavatappi and corn, stir well to combine, cover, and reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer.
4. Cook, stirring every 5 minutes, until the pasta is al dente and the mixture is thickened. (If the mixture becomes too dry to cook the pasta, add ½ to ¾ cup water as needed.)
5. Season with extra paprika to taste and serve.