- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32-ounce) can chicken broth (divided)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth (2 cups), ketchup, and pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through about 13-16 minutes. Stir throughout adding in any more chicken broth as needed.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes, and then stir to mix throughout.
- Serve immediately.