- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (store- bought or homemade)
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes and microwave for about 7 minutes, or until very soft. Peel away the skins and measure the pulp—you should have 3 cups.
3. Process the pulp and the butter in a food processor until completely smooth. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, nutmeg, and salt and pulse briefly. Combine the evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla in a measuring cup and, with the processor running, add to the potato puree until combined.
4. Pour into the prepared crust and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Let cool completely, then slice and serve.