- Servings: 40 cookies
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 to 2 hours
- 2½ cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 5 ounces dried cherries 2½ cups sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick /
- ½ cup) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Sanding sugar, for serving
1. Line an 8 × 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pecans, coconut, and cherries and stir to combine.
3. In a medium saucepan, cook the sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup, and butter over medium-high heat, stirring until it boils. Let it boil, undisturbed, for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add to the bowl with the pecans, coconut, and cherries. Stir for 3 minutes until cooled and thickened.
5. Press the mixture into the baking dish.
6. Transfer to the refrigerator to harden for at least 1 to 2 hours. Remove the mixture from the baking dish, set on a cutting board, and cut into 1-inch squares. Serve, sprinkled with sanding sugar.