- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- All-purpose flour for the pan
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon strawberry extract
- 8 drops of red food coloring
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, vanilla, and 1 cup water. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Divide the batter into 3 equal portions. Pour one portion into the Bundt pan. Stir the red food coloring and strawberry extract into another portion of batter. Spoon over the first layer of batter.
4. Stir the chocolate syrup and the cocoa powder into the last portion of batter. Carefully spread into the pan. Do not swirl!
5. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely. Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar. Slice and serve.
If you’re using fudge topping instead of chocolate syrup, microwave for 15 to 20 seconds on high before adding to the batter.