- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour on high or 2 hours on low
- 1 gallon apple cider
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries 3 teaspoons whole cloves
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 2 dashes grated nutmeg
- 1 orange, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into matchsticks
1. Pour the cider into a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in the brown sugar.
2. Place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small piece of cheesecloth. Carefully fold up the cloth, making sure none of the spices can fall out. Tie up with kitchen twine and place in the slow cooker. Add the orange slices, cranberries, and apple pieces. Cover and cook for 1 hour on high or for 2 hours on low. Ladle into glasses and serve.
This recipe can be made on the stovetop in a large pot. Cover and let slowly simmer for 30 minutes.