- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and lightly coat six 8- to 12-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
2. Combine the corn, cornmeal, and melted butter in a bowl. Press the mixture into the bottoms of the ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, jalapeños, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until the meat is no longer pink. Add the tomatoes and cheese and stir to combine.
4. Divide the beef mixture among the ramekins and bake for
20 minutes, until warmed through. Serve, garnished with fresh cilantro.