- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 minutes marinade time
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Marinade and Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato 1 (11-ounce) can
- Southwestern-style corn with peppers and black beans, drained
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 tablespoons fresh
- lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped jalapeño (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the marinade and chicken: Combine the vegetable oil, taco seasoning, tequila, and lime juice in a zip-top bag. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally and open like a book at a ½-inch thickness. Add the chicken to the zip-top bag. Close the top and use your hands to thoroughly coat the chicken with the marinade. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or chill until ready to cook.
2. Prepare an outdoor grill or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium- high heat. Lay the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through. Thinly slice the chicken.
3. For the salad: Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl with the chicken and stir to combine.
4. Dish into bowls and serve.