This is a quick appetizer to make and the result is tangy and packed with flavor. Roasted red peppers, mozzarella balls and olives soak up the lemon and basil while it marinates for a refreshing combination.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 2 hours
- 1 cup pitted olives, any variety
- 1 cup bocconcini (bite-size mozzarella balls)
- 1 cup sliced fresh basil (thin ribbons)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar red peppers, drained and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced thin
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours at room temperature before serving.