- Servings: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box vanilla white cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Red and green food coloring 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, egg, whipped topping, and vanilla.
3. Divide the dough in half and place one half in a second bowl. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green food coloring to the other. Add more food coloring to each as necessary until you reach the desired color.
4. Put the confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place into the bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll around until covered. Place the balls on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12 minutes, until set.
5. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.