While pie is all well and good, it can be a monstrosity to consume with only one or two people. This recipe for mini lemon pies allows you to parcel out more reasonable servings without the mess and fuss of a full-size pie.
- Yield: 12 mini pies
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: Overnight
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 store-bought mini graham cracker crusts
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package lemon pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemons for garnish
- Granulated sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth and well combined. Whisk in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter.
- Cook in the microwave on full power in 1-minute increments, stirring after each minute, until the lemon curd is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the curd through a ﬁne-mesh sieve to remove any lumps. Pour the curd into the prepared crusts.
- Make the lemon pudding according to the package directions.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Dollop each pie with the pudding–whipped topping mixture.
- Refrigerate the pies overnight.
- Top with lemon slices and zest. Sprinkle with sugar and slightly torch (optional).
- Serve chilled.
If torching the tops: Using a kitchen blow torch with a medium flame, pass over the topping on the bars, just barely above the surface, working in a circular pattern until the surface turns a light golden brown.